Thursday, June 2, 2011

Playing Catch Up!!

Well well well where do we begin I guess May 19th. I had my regular check up at 9:30. We all took bets on how much the babies weighed for the excitement at this appointment. Brant and Blain weighed in at 1 lb 12 oz at this appt and all went well. Dr. Carlton had discussed taking me off of work because of the carpal tunnel causing more damage to the nerves in my hands from using them at work all day. However I got out of that one!! Yay! Tuesday night when i laid down for bed, I was having some pains in my belly like every 2 hours it felt like a constant charlie horse that wouldn't go away. I tried sitting up in the bed and it helped a little but when i stood on my feet it was resolved. I was not about to sleep standing up all night. HA! I was really thirsty that night i think i ended up counting 7 bottles of water i had drank that night. These pains lasted for the whole night 8 hours!! I was miserable but didn't think it was anything maybe a little bit of braxton hicks i had heard of...so I woke up wed morning (May 25) and got in the bathtub to try and get some relief. The warm water felt so good on my belly. I called my mother in law and told her i was going in to work but didn't get good rest and was having some pains to send someone to work for me that day, however i made a couple of other phone calls and they had other plans for me. I went to Dr. Carltons office where I seen the APN Mandy and my bp was really high and it seemed as if i was having a few contractions!! WOOAh! Way to early for these babies to be coming out! They done a swab on me called a fetal fibornectic which was the see if I would deliever in the next two weeks and sent me over to the OB for observation. I stayed there from 9-1:30. I learned my results were negative yay!! Dr. Carlton come in and put me on complete Bed Rest and i was told to f/u in 1 wk!!! Now we are at May 31st at my f/u appointment, We got to see our little boys on ultrasound and they weighed are u ready.... 2 lbs 5 oz!!! w0W!! maybe rest is what they needed! They having been enjoying mommy being on bed rest! I just thought they moved a lot during the day while i was working. They both move all day long and all night it's so sweet! So at this appt the babies had both flipped and were head down ready for delivery. I seen Dr. Carlton and she took me off work for the rest of the pregnancy and said we needed to keep babies in for at least 6 more weeks!! I want to keep them in for at least 9-10!! So now i'm confined to my house/couch/bed for the remaining time! I guess my body is really exhausted or it's that i have nothing else to do because i go to bed at 930 10 and i don't wake up until 1030 or so everyday. It's nice but feels strange being so worthless! HA! So Here we are June 1st and it's time for my fetal echo at UAMS. I've been trying to get to this appt for about 2 months now!!! So my appt is at 9 in little rock! I was not going to keep this appointment since the genetics counselor told us everything looked good with the hearts but because we are having trouble I thought I might as well go incase I deliver early, we will know they don't have heart trouble and place them under even more stress. I'm so glad we went because we got lots of pictures even 4d!! pix to come later I can only sit at the computer for so long. Brant likes to show out and doesn't like to share the spotlight of u/s with Blain poor guy! Both boys are growing great and up on task as a baby of a single pregnancy! yay!! this is great news! i HOPE i'm able to carry them for 10 more weeks and deliever 6lb babies!! please please please!! So now that is all the medical business We had my shower May 22nd and thank God we done it early because bed rest came shortly after!! I had a fantastic shower A SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE!!! Who brought gifts for the boys!! You have no idea who much we appreciate it!!! We have a lot of people who care and love us and it was great to see most of them at the shower!!

No comments:

Post a Comment